So yeah, you’re imperfect, we’re an imperfect nonprofit, made up of imperfect people who don’t have all our stuff together, truthfully, we all are; so does that make leaders, mentors and difference makers hypocrites? NO. With a bit of faith and humility we all have the potential to do great things and touch peoples’ lives beyond what we could ever imagine. Let us illustrate:
Noah was a drunk, Abraham was too old, Isaac was a daydreamer, Jacob was a liar, Leah was ugly, Joseph was abused, Moses had a stuttering problem, Gideon was afraid, Sampson had long hair and was a womanizer, Rahab was a prostitute, Jeremiah and Timothy were too young, David had an affair and was a murderer, Elijah was suicidal, Isaiah preached naked, Jonah ran from God, Naomi was a widow, Job went bankrupt, John the Baptist ate bugs, Matthias gambled, Thomas doubted, Simon was a zealot, Matthew was despised as a tax collector, Judas betrayed Christ, Peter denied Christ, The Disciples fell asleep while praying, Martha worried about everything, The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once, Zaccheus was too small, Paul was too religious, Timothy had an ulcer… AND Lazarus was dead!
So there you go. Besides the Bible being the highest ranking book in terms of sales ever published, how many countless sermons, books, cds, blogs, tv shows, podcasts, studies, ministries, papers, discussions, debates and lives changed over thousands of years by “nobodies” and people deemed “not fit to lead”. All those events owe in part, to the contributions of imperfect, broken people fulfilling what God led them to do and were redeemed by His love. Who are you not to do something today?
Ok, ok, I get it.
Good, I’m glad so here are some of the things you can do:
- Take care of yourself and your family, you are needed and important to God and to your family.
- Pray. God has much better ideas for how you can be a difference maker than we do, but we’ll throw our ideas out too.
- Blog about, comment on or submit contributions to The RNV Blog
- Follow @theRNV on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook; Join our Group and Like our Page
- Send us an E-mail, we’d love to hear from you!
- Contribute thoughts, ideas, suggestion or content. Be a part of the Vision!
- Donate time, energy, creativity and/or resources. We’re not in this for the credit, we’re in it for the results.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution. We are a 501(c)(3) organization and would be very grateful for your support.
- Support the people, businesses, ministries, nonprofits and other organizations that support us. They help and encourage us, and they deserve the same!
No more excuses now!! God can use you to your full potential, go be a difference maker, RIGHT NOW!